Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Darkness by cindy tevis

This is my submission for a challenge in SEHA (along with a little art work) for May. So it's a sneak peek, so to say.




Deep in the woods, cauldrons bubble
Witches screech as they're stirring up trouble
Dark Fairies quiver around the flames
Reciting all of their enemies names

The moon glows red with fury and fright
While peering down on this ominous sight
Bad things happen out in the deep
Dark, dark woods while we are asleep

Snug at home in our nice little beds
With pleasant dreams filling our heads
If we only knew what evil abounds
In the darkest corners of our little towns

We must only hope that our sacred names
Are not being chanted around those flames
Sleep well, sleep well through the hours of darkness
The sun will shine soon and in all of it's starkness

The creatures will go back to their shadowy world
And we'll not be aware of the strife they've unfurled
C. Tevis

4 comments:

  1. I love your poems and the one your doing for the challenge is really great .I'm not so good at poems my daughter is .Maybe I can gether to do one and sended it to you.Ill see ,she got two boys 8& 6 1/2 and the 6 1/2 is my side kick in halloween ,he a site , love them both to death.
    Great poeams
    Debb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Debb, I love your witch too! Have your daughter write a poem, that would be great! I'll send her a prize!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just gave me my idea for a painting for the contest!! I have been so stumped on this one! Your poem gave me an idea. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH good! I cna't wait to see it!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by... Leave a comment, a poetry related link, or your poetry here, and I will be happy to include them in I Dream of Halloween. A gift to every contributor!

WELCOME TO SHABBY HAG DECOR

Copyright Statement

The poetry contained in this blog, is the property of the author named. Do not reproduce any of the contents, without written permission from the creator(s) of the poems.

Tagged by Claire

The wonderful and fun Claire from Clairedulalune.blogspot.com has tagged me.
Here are my 6 things that I love:
1. Morgan my almost 4 year old Grand Daughter, truly the light of my life!
2. My Daughters Rachel and Shari, and my Husband Randy, they are my heart and soul.
3. My 15 year old Cat Dootsy, my silent companion (except when he is hungry!)
4. My house, when it is clean and organized (almost NEVER)
5. Anything Halloween, especially Halloween Owls.
6. My blogging and SEHA friends, they are something that just a year ago I didn't realize how badly I was in need of

I am Tagging:
Debb
from Halloween jingles bells boo
Heather
from witch hollow primitiives
And Rachel
from dark art garden

My Blog List

My Blog List