Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Another Wonderful Poem by Steven Curran


graphic by: xxreaperskissxx

Vampire Coffee


With stretching arms and a big long yawn
And habitually avoiding the sun
He looked around and thought aloud
Something other than blood would be fun...

So he thought and thought and thought some more
And now he could not wait
Its warm and sweet and so very delicious
A coffee would be great...

But before he left to get his treat
Something inside him was not quite right
Could he leave his home without first drinking blood
And still control his ferocious bite...

That settles it as he shut the door
And made his way across town
I'm doing so well and what are the odds
There isn't a soul around...

At last he arrived at "Joe's Coffee Shoppe"
Read the sign hung above the door
As he made his way in and carefully got on
The line that wrapped 'round the floor...

He could not believe at this time of night
So many others wanted coffee too
For the taste of their blood tortured him now
They would run if they had but a clue...

His mind had strayed then finally his turn to order his wish
With flickering eyes that feared certain doom
Just concentrate on why you've come
And how you'll be safe at home soon...

Inches away from his neck and instinctively driving him mad
His bloodlust substantially grew
And suddenly snapped back from his breaking point
Only to realize he was being spoken to...

Welcome my friend and what can I get ya
How bout a nice cup of joe he said
He gulped and tensed up as sweat ran down his face
I'll just have some coffee instead...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All contributed content © Steven Curran (Haunted Hayride) 2009

2 comments:

  1. wow, what wonderful poem Cindy! There is a wee something for you on my blog..............

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't take credit for this one, it is Steven's. I agree it is great!
    Thanks Claire, I'll check out your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by... Leave a comment, a poetry related link, or your poetry here, and I will be happy to include them in I Dream of Halloween. A gift to every contributor!

WELCOME TO SHABBY HAG DECOR

Copyright Statement

The poetry contained in this blog, is the property of the author named. Do not reproduce any of the contents, without written permission from the creator(s) of the poems.

Tagged by Claire

The wonderful and fun Claire from Clairedulalune.blogspot.com has tagged me.
Here are my 6 things that I love:
1. Morgan my almost 4 year old Grand Daughter, truly the light of my life!
2. My Daughters Rachel and Shari, and my Husband Randy, they are my heart and soul.
3. My 15 year old Cat Dootsy, my silent companion (except when he is hungry!)
4. My house, when it is clean and organized (almost NEVER)
5. Anything Halloween, especially Halloween Owls.
6. My blogging and SEHA friends, they are something that just a year ago I didn't realize how badly I was in need of

I am Tagging:
Debb
from Halloween jingles bells boo
Heather
from witch hollow primitiives
And Rachel
from dark art garden

My Blog List

My Blog List